Things to Know
Sure, we can spout off a bunch of auto body jargon and try to impress you with all the technology and high-end equipment we use to repair your vehicle, but you just want to know if we have what it takes to get the job done right. Right?!?! Well, we sure do! Defries Collision Center is one of the best equipped repair shops in southern Minnesota and has the capability to service every make and model car, truck, van and SUV.
What to do if you are in an accident?
You decide who repairs your car.
Protect your vehicle’s finish.
1. Stop. Stay calm. Do not leave the scene. We can fix all makes and models.
2. Call law enforcement authorities immediately.
3. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your insurance company. Do not pay the other party.
4. Secure the names and addresses of involved parties and witnesses.
5. Have your vehicle towed to Defries Collision Center if not driveable. If your vehicle is driveable, see us as soon as possible.
6. Notify your insurance company of the accident and that we are doing your repairs.
1. You are not required to get more than one estimate.
2. You may have the shop of your choice make the repairs. You are not required to use a shop selected by a claims adjuster. However, you are required by your policy to allow your insurance company a reasonable amount of time to inspect the damages prior to repairing them. We can fix all makes and models.
3. Only you, the vehicle owner, can authorize repairs on your vehicle.
4. Repair estimates will vary. A lower estimate may not include necessary things. It’s your vehicle, make sure it’s repaired to your satisfaction.
5. Your insurance company wants your vehicle properly repaired and you to be completely satisfied with their claims service. You have specific rights and obligations. Review your policy. Understand your rights.
6. The vehicle is being repaired for you the owner. You will be required to pay for the repairs upon completion.
7. Our shop stands ready to assist you in any of these matters. We will work closely with you to minimize your inconvenience and maximize your satisfaction.
1. Avoid car washes that use rotating brushes and harsh cleaners. Use soft cloths when washing your vehicle.
2. Avoid waxing for three months. It is recommended that you wax at least twice a year.
3. Wash off any gas, oil, or fluid spills of any kind immediately with soap and water. Do not just wipe off.
4. Always wash off any bird droppings, tree sap, or other signs of contamination immediately. This is very important.